Dear Patients, Friends and Family:
We are still open for emergencies on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10-2, for patients that call to schedule first. Please call before arriving. We are currently closed for all non-emergency services due to the COVID-19 issue, and anticipating opening on April 7th, so long as Iowa Dental Board recommendations have not changed.
I have the responsibility of improving your health, while protecting the health of my team as well.
When making decisions about the practice, I often refer to our mission statement:
- Veranda Dentistry, P.C. exists to be respected as the best dental practice in our community.
- A practice providing high quality results with state-of-the-art technology and a friendly, efficient, knowledgeable dental team.
- A prosperous and viable practice with the commitment of caring and educating our patients to a state of optimal oral health.
- One of generosity toward employees, patients, and the community.
Because we do so many things right on a regular basis, and I am proud of that, there are things that we do above normal standards that some offices do not uphold, and it has been part of our culture for 15 years at Veranda Dentistry:
- We wrap and sterilize all our instruments. Our dental instruments remain wrapped until you as a patient arrive.
- We wear gloves not only while cleaning up rooms, but also while setting up every room.
- We not only wipe to disinfect, but we spray all surfaces with virus-killing, medical-grade disinfectant.
- As always, we continue to have disinfectant hand sanitizer out for all patients and employees.
- Our Sterilization Center is held accountable by being very visible in the office.
Further, dental offices (including Veranda) are always to hold the following standards:
- Running weekly sterilization test strips to confirm that all germs (viral, bacterial, fungal) are being killed by our sterilizers.
- Clearing out the water and air lines and disinfecting them.
- Wearing personal protective equipment such as masks and eyewear, to protect cross-contamination.
- Washing our hands and using a high-alcohol content disinfectant hand sanitizer between every patient.
Recently, Veranda Dentistry has also employed the following measures:
- Patients with cough, fever, or sore throat shall be rescheduled.
- Patients who have been sick within the past 3 weeks shall be rescheduled.
- Patients who have traveled or come in contact with those who have traveled to highly infected areas shall be rescheduled.
- Patients shall not be allowed to bring guests to the treatment areas.
- We disinfect the office air with ozone purification.
- We are using the virus-killing, medical-grade disinfectant on the door handles once hourly while open.
- Cavitron ultrasonic cleaning, during hygiene and periodontal appointments, will be kept to a minimum, and with high-volume suction (HVE) including IsoLite mouthpieces, when appropriate.
- Our patient forms are now available online, so you can limit your wait in the reception area.
As always, we take all viral and bacterial threats seriously, including Coronavirus / COVID-19, for the well-being of our patients, and for our employees, and thus for our community. Unlike a medical office, the dental office is not full of sick people, therefore Veranda Dentistry is one of the cleanest and safest places you can be, and I plan to keep it that way with the vigilant help of my team.
If you have been sick, please call and reschedule. To all patients: please be understanding that we will be asking every patient about their history while calling or coming in our doors.
I invite all questions to be directed to me personally: ChadDDS@gmail.com
Chad Johnson, DDS, FAGD